Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences aspires to emerge as one of the foremost medical schools in the country and provide excellent educational, research, specialty and primary care opportunities in the region to become a leader in research discoveries and improve scientific knowledge; using it to improve patient care and incorporate it in practice towards prevention of diseases to be identified as an institution known for integrity, ethical and professional conduct.
To provide evidence-based clinical care to the attending patients & public health services to the neighboring community and to undertake such a research program which addresses the prevailing health problems and whose outcome can be translated to a functional service package & program benefiting individuals and the community at large.
To produce knowledgeable, caring and competent students by imparting knowledge and skills that will encourage and enable the practice of ethical and scientifically-based health care with a high level of Skill and Social Responsibility.
To create a teaching and learning environment to help students develop their own learning styles and ability to use academic resources while reflecting on their experience. The medical course is designed to develop and maintain lifelong patterns of appropriate professional behavior.
To synthesize and integrate knowledge gained from several disciplines into plausible explanations for clinically related problems or situations and develop effective wellness strategies through:
- Data collection- both through patient history and physical examination.
- Procedural and analytical skills.
- Proper use of technology.
- Arriving at an effective diagnostic plan.
- Critical appraisal, interpretation, and application of scientific knowledge to clinical practice.
- Practice learning as a lifelong commitment.
- Empathy towards patients-given their biological, social, and psychological needs, their families, and the society at large.
Develop a deep sense of responsibility toward professional life while pursuing and achieving excellence.
STANDARDS OF SERVICES:
- To provide medical care with equity to all patients.
- Care with compassion, courtesy, and commitment is the hallmark of the institution.
- To provide world-class treatment at an affordable cost.
- To impart quality medical education and training to students
- To keep quality and safety of patients at the top.
- Location -: RAJABPUR, GAJRAULA, DIST. AMROHA (U.P)
- This hospital has:-
Doctors: 217 (including Residents)
Nurses: 410 (including supervisory staff)
- Doctors wear white aprons and Nurses are in Uniform.
- Staff members are issued with identity cards.
- Important telephone numbers -:+918193094488
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Visit us at: Link
- Emergency services are provided at the Casualty Dept and GRR (General Recovery Room) ward for observation/resuscitation and emergency management of the patients. Casualty Medical Officer is available 24 hours.
- In addition, the patient is managed by a team of duty doctors pertaining to the concerned specialty as per requirement.
OUT PATIENT SERVICE:
- OPD registration starts from 8 am till 2 pm. After 2 pm all the OPD cases will be seen as an emergency.
- OPD card costs RS 10/- and it is available at the main registration counter.
- Many facilities are provided at OPD level e.g. ECG, Plaster, Injection and Immunization, Contraception and MTP Services, Minor Surgical Intervention, Physiotherapy, etc.
- For Medical certificates, the patient has to contact the respective OPD counter.
- For every new patient, a new registration number is generated.
- Every outpatient seeking treatment at the hospital is registered prior to the consultation.
- A prescription is generated for recording history, symptoms, diagnosis, & treatment being provided.
- In case of the old patient, the prescription slip is generated at the particular OPD counter.
- For special clinics, prior appointment system exists. However, non-appointment/walk inpatient, are also entertained at their turn.
- There is a May I Help You Desk for assistance & Welfare Officer in case of any problem.
OPDs /DEPARTMENTS IN THE ORGANIZATION-: Following OPDs run every day.
- Internal Medicine
- Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & gynecology
- ENT & Head & Neck Surgery
- Dental Sciences
IN PATIENT SERVICES:
- All in-patients receive treatment by team of Resident Doctors and Nurses, available round the clock, under the supervision and guidance of senior consultants.
- All the wards are fully equipped with nebulizers, central O 2 & suction supply etc. to provide top quality medical care.
- Every inpatient is provided with one attendant passes.
- Visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hour and 2 visitors are allowed at
a time per bed.
- Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter on every alternate day
and also whenever required.
- Food is served as per the diet package and in consultation with dietician and treating physician.
- Ward Accommodation- Following categories of wards are available depending upon the affordability
General Ward, Semi-private, Private Ward
GOVT SCHEME RUN BY HOSPITAL:
- FREE PHARMACY -:The hospital has 2 free pharmacy shops , one each for
IPD and OPD patients which are providing free medications to the poor & needy patients
- AYUSHMAN BHARAT YOJANA: The hospital provides the services under the scheme of Govt.
LABORATORY SERVICES -:
- Lab services are available 24*7 for IPD patients & for OPD timings are 8 AM
to 5 PM.
- All type of routine and special investigations incl. biochemical, microbiological, haematological, immunology, histopathology, cytology and serology are done.
- For OPD patients, the blood is collected at Central Collection room located close to Blood Bank.
- The institute has fully equipped modern 9 Operation Theatres.
- Pre-Anesthetic check up is done in PAC Room.
- The hospital has fully equipped state of art ICU at 3 th Floor to provide expert ICU care.
- In addition there are CCU, NICU and PICU. Patients requiring ICU care are admitted to ICUs at the discretion of treating Doctors.
- Hospital has a modern, state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its components.
- Strict precautions are taken and mandatory testing is done to prevent any blood borne infection.
- The provisioning of blood is on replacement basis. However, it is provided by the hospital in certain conditions as per instructions of Government of India.
- Medicines & surgical consumables required for the treatment can be procured from the in-house pharmacy store.
- Pharmacy is located in the hospital premises which functions 24×7.
- As per hospital policy the prescribed drugs have to be purchased from the hospital only.
- The hospital dietary department provides all meals for the patients.
- The dietician plans the diet meals based on the therapeutic needs
- As per hospital policy only vegetables meals are provided /permitted in the hospital premises.
- Dietician visits the patients daily.
- For attendants cafeteria is available in the hospital premises.
- CT SCAN
- DIGITAL X-RAY
- Ambulance facility including Cardiac Ambulance.
AMENITIES AVAILABLE FOR ATTENDANTS
- Waiting hall and Guest house is available as per policy of the hospital.
- Ambulance facility.
- Mortuary provides a refrigerated storage of 4 deceased patients at a time.
COMPLAINTS & GRIEVANCES:
- Suggestions/Complaints boxes have been provided at various locations in the hospital.
- In case of any complaint/ grievance patient care services managers/ MS office may be contacted.
- Every grievance will be duly acknowledged.
- We aim to settle your genuine complaints within 5 working days of its receipt.
- If we cannot, we will explain the reasons and the time we will take to resolve.
RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITY OF PATIENTS:
RIGHTS OF A PATIENT -:
- The right to respect for special preference, spiritual & cultural needs, personal dignity & privacy during examination, treatment, or procedure.
- Right to confidentiality for patient information & refusal for treatment.
- Right to informed consent before blood transfusion, anesthesia, surgery, any invasive procedure, & any research protocol.
- The right to complain & to have information about how to voice a complaint.
- Right to information on the expected cost of treatment/investigation/proposed care/progress, risk, benefits, alternative treatment, expected results, possible complication, or any change in patient condition.
- The right to participate in the treatment/care plan / modified treatment plan.
- Right to information about their healthcare needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PATIENTS -:
Provide accurate including patients present condition, past illness, hospitalization, medications, & any other matter that pertains to his/her health.
- Provide accurate personal particulars including patient full name and address.
- To ask question & healthcare team if he/she anticipate problems in adhering to prescribed treatment or alternative therapies.
- To abide by all policies/ rules & regulations of the hospital for example: To comply with no- smoking and visitors policies. To be considerate of noise levels developed privacy & safety of other patients. Not to bring weapons in hospital Premises. To treat hospital staff, other patients & visitors with courtesy & respect.
- To cancel or reschedule appointment in advance as far as possible in case of cancellation or rescheduling.
- Not to give medication prescribed for him/her to others.
- Provide accurate information for insurance claims, & physician billing offices to make payment arrangements.
- To communicate with the healthcare provider if his/her condition worsens or does not follow the expected course.
- To pay for services billed in a timely manner as per the hospital policies.
UG TRAINING PROGRAMMES:
- The medical college offers undergraduate (M.B.B.S) programme.
- The institute is recognized by Medical Council of India & Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India.
- This institute is affiliated to Shri Venkateshwara University, Gajraula.
FACILITIES IN MEDICAL COLLEGE -:
- The teaching is based on didactic lectures, student seminars, small group discussions, tutorials, and demonstrations, practical, case presentations, clinics, field study, & integrated study.
- Medical college has a treasure house of knowledge & a well stocked air conditioned library.
- The institute has on campus separate hostels for under graduate boys, girls students.
- All hostels have telecom facility & internet availability.
- Indoor sports for table Tennis, Carom, Chess, & Badminton Court are also provided to the students.
- The institute has provided on campus residential facility for Faculty members, junior’s residents, senior residents, Para medical, Nursing & administrative staff.
DIFFERENT COMMITTEES ARE RUN UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF MEDICAL COLLEGE -:
- Pharmaco Vigilance Committee
- Anti- Gender Harassment Committee
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Student Welfare Committee
- Grievance Handling Committee